Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Red No. 5

Moving right along with number 5 in the series. This one gave me some issues with the satin jacquard fraying and making a mess. I finally decided to embroider over part of it to stabilize it.

 

I also was able to use some yo-yo's that were made for another project (zip bags) over three years ago, but were never utilized because I did not like the way they were coming out. My plan is to make a pillow cover with the rest--someday. Like others, I see flowers in yo-yo's and added some stitching to the center to create a kind of black part of the floral disc. I like making yo-yo's and trying to make the flower my own.

My next project will be a break from the series to do something a bit more abstract to hopefully finish in time to submit to a show.

Baci e abbracci