Sunday, January 1, 2017

I have cats. I love my cats but I don't love all of the hair, the damage to the furniture and carpet, and the pulls in my fabrics. So before I put my brand new quilt on the bed I decided to make a matching "bed mat" for the cats to sleep on. Of course these are cats I am talking about so even though I will put the mat where they usually sleep, they will sleep somewhere else on the bed so I will still have cat hair on my new quilt.

I also made matching pillow cases using the The Burrito Pillowcase Tutorial by CraftyGemini. Even though I did not intend to make a quilt for the bed (which is why it is too small) I am so happy with the result. The intention was to re-create fall in a quilt--my favorite season of the year--and now I have fall year round in my bedroom. Many things did not go as planned, but I don't care, this is the most complex improv quilt I have made and I am very proud of this accomplishment.

Colors are not true-in real-life they are spectacular--really saturated.



Very dull photo, sorry...

Baci e abbracci