Tuesday, June 9, 2015

tutto a posto tuesday

This week I made progress on my current work, and I started using my sewing machine again. I have to make 11 party favors and thought pretty little sachets would be nice. I also wanted to make a prize for one random winner at the party, and decided to try the Purl Bee Quilted Zipper Pouch. I changed the measurements without considering the length of the zipper,  so I had a little problem with the ends of the zipper that made the finish a little less than perfect. This was the most difficult zipper I have ever sewn into a bag. I have two zipper feet and probably used the wrong one.





I also found the pattern for the Lavender Sachets on the Purl Bee. I usually make my sachets from patchwork, but just don't have the time so in my search for pretty sachets on Pinterest I came across this pattern. I am using "Nana's Pantry" from Connecting Threads which is now on clearance at $2.96/yard.


 I really like Connecting Threads quilting fabric and thread. The fabric has a nice hand, and you cannot beat the price. It is much nicer than the quilting fabric you get at JoAnn's, which has a lot of sizing that when washed out leaves a thin cheap fabric. If you knit you might know about Knit Picks. Both companies are owned by Craft Americana Group. I have been shopping at Knit Picks for years and have never had a problem with anything I purchased there with the exception of a couple of knitting needles, which they replaced immediately.

Baci e abbracci