Monday, April 27, 2015

Looking for Inspiration...


I am sure you have heard that if you are ever stuck on deciding on colors for a project, one idea is to find inspiration by looking at the work of artists that work in a different media. For instance you could pull the colors from a painting that you love to coordinate yarn for a sweater, or take a skein of variegated yarn that you adore and use those colors for a quilt.

If you are looking for inspiration for amazing color or just want to see beautiful paintings, check out the work Bill Scott. He currently has an exhibition at Hollis Taggart Galleries in New York.

One of my favorites, City, Country, Sea, 2011

I just noticed that these colors are quite similar to the colors of the quilt I made a couple of years ago that is pictured in my header. No wonder I love this painting.

Remember to stop back tomorrow for tutto a posto tuesday...

Baci e abbracci