Monday, January 13, 2014

Finished Gifts

I finished both gifts for the people at the Shofuso House who helped me with the translation. The person who answered my original email and asked the volunteer to make the translation for me will receive the cedar and lavender sachet below. The fabric is from Japan; the lighter a traditional motif, the darker a print of Boro Cloth. This person is male and I thought this might be nice for one of his drawers or closet.
 
The person who did the translation is female and I thought that a pin in the genre of the book she was translating for me would be nice. I had this piece of fabric that is a Japanese motif (Japanese Maple Leaves?) and may even be from Japan. Since I do not know this person I did not want to make a cat pin as that might not be her style. I thought this could be pinned to a tote bag if she did not love it.


I really enjoyed the process of making this by hand--now that I know that only 1 strand of embroidery floss is used for the motif and 2 strands are used for the outline. I can't wait to make one using an original drawing.

Baci e abbracci