Saturday, January 18, 2014

Being Grateful

My birthday is on Monday. I will be 52. I am more than half way through my life and although I have not accomplished all of my goals, I am very grateful for what I do have: a wonderful, loving, (and attractive) husband, a loving mother that is still vital, two loving, sweet , mostly well-behaved cats, a steady income in a creative environment, my own comfortable home, and enough food on the table. I am also so thankful that I have lots and lots of fabric, yarn, paper, paint, markers, pencils, books, videos, and  many other tools that fuel my creativity.

I am about to start a new project that I have been asked to keep secret. It would be fabulous if my finished quilt was chosen to be part of the final project. This will be my first quilt totally made of solids (maybe a little scrap of pattern may appear in the end result). I've been collecting solids  for a few years now. Mostly, fat quarters so I can have many colors, especially since I usually use strips. I am so lucky to have such a beautiful collection!




I will be documenting the whole project to be published after the secret is out.

Also, this week I made a new pin for my Etsy shop:


Baci e abbracci