Monday, September 16, 2013

Quilting Hoop

If you have been reading this blog you know that I have started hand quilting. Although it is slow I have to say I really like it. This "tendinitis" that I have in my right arm from machine quilting "Sunny in Philadelphia" makes quilting and knitting painful but I am really enjoying the process.

I started with the Q Snap 11 x 17 inches but did not like it. It was too tight so while in Italy I only snapped the quilt on 2 sides. I also did not like that I could not rock the needle too close to the frame so I could not complete the full inside square without moving the frame. I also have a smaller one that I have not used yet.

When I returned home I started using the wooden quilting hoop (14") and liked it much better! So I was thinking that I would find some cool hoop this weekend at the Mancuso Quilting Expo at Oaks, PA, but I found a really nice handmade hoop on Etsy. I ordered a 14" lap hoop from Harry Barnett Laptop Hoops. It is light weight and allows me to easily get my left hand under and out from under the hoop. I cannot wait until it comes!

Baci e abbracci