Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 13 & 14

The last few days have been taken up with many dinners and lunches. The food is always wonderful and abundant. Did I tell you that Mr. R tried to pass off duck as chicken? Yeah, like I wouldn't figure that one out.

Today I tried a few new foods. I usually take a taste off of Mr. R's plate and if I like it take a serving. Today I had a particularly good Salami--the dried kind called salsicciotto. The host popped one with a piece of cheese into my bag as we were leaving. That is coming home with me.

I have been working on my quilt. At first when I could not seem to get the hand quilting down I thought I cannot believe I brought this thing with me only to carry it right back, but after trying time and time again, I got it! I am using green perle cotton, number 8, to quilt it with a big needle and I am quite pleased with the result. There are many imperfections, but I don't mind. I do mind the back having two wrinkles, especially after 5 hours of hand basting, but I can live with it. I think it happens during the placement of the frame or if my fingers or watch band get caught in a basting thread and pull it. So now I am more careful. I purchased the green perle cotton here, and will buy 2-3 more balls to be sure I have enough. I have to find somewhere that sells it in the States, other than through mail order, which I find difficult to match to the right color--although I purchased the green without the quilt, so maybe it is not that hard.

I finished Piper's Journey and will block it for a gift to someone here. I have to find some pins. I have started a pair of simple socks--I chickened out of the toe up socks, and the Flower Basket Shawl from an old Interweave Knits magazine, Evelyn Clark.

I also knitted a cute pair of baby booties I will share.

baci e abbracci

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad