Monday, May 20, 2013

The Yellow Blunder is redeemed. It is now Sunny in Philadelphia. The room with the design wall is too small to get a good photo, but once it is complete there will be time for that.


I am relieved I was able to salvage this from the scrap heap. I am not crazy about the squares, but the colors are so uplifting for a little girl, I can get over it.



I must be in some sort of yellow phase. I really love the color--just not as clothing on me.


This is the bag inspired by Ann Bauer. I was not happy with the straps and have since purchased the tool to turn a tube of fabric right side out and fill it with rope. Ms. Bauer and others use a thin black cord for the strap, which I finally found in JoAnne Fabrics, but since I had already invested $25 in the tube-turning-method, I did not allow myself to purchase the cord. I have not yet attempted the second version (which will be wider), but will after completing Sunny in Philadelphia.

I finally finished the Almondine socks and have started a pair of stockinette with two by two rib socks from the sock pattern book by Ann Budd. I am making them from Patons Kroy on a number 2 needle and it is going pretty quickly I screwed up and decreased the top of the foot at the gusset and had to frog 14 rows. Ugh!

Baci e abbracci