Monday, May 27, 2013

Stained Glass

A couple of weeks ago I was at Hayes Sewing in Wilmington Delaware and saw a sweet little machine in the showcase. I thought, what do I need that for? Well I recently was speaking with Mr. R. and told him about this Singer Featherweight, and he thought it would be a good purchase; something to take to Italy. 

She is so cute and runs really well. I won't be taking her this year as I would have to work really hard to turn the room into my studio and am not sure I will ever finish that task until we actually live there, but in reality, I could set her up on the table in the sitting room. The thing is I would have to pay a bundle to get her there or give up 12-15 lbs. of clothing. Anyway, it is nice to have a back-up for my back-up sewing machine.

I also finished the Sunny in Philadelphia quilt top. So pretty in the sunlight!



Now my favorite part... making the quilt sandwich.

Baci e abbracci