Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Couple of Things...

I finished the string quilt. I must say that I am not totally pleased with the finish. I have puckering on the back and the binding is so-so at best. Really discouraging until I was looking for different machine binding methods and came across some nice tutorials, and most of them said--it gets better with practice. Crazy Mom QuiltsRed Pepper QuiltsStitched in Color, and Minnesota Quilt Company all make it look like a almond cup piece of cake (sorry about that). I like the use of zig zag for a non-traditional twist and think I may try that on the next finished quilt.

I took inspiration from Erin Wilson Quilts and made two cards for two upcoming birthdays and am pleased with the way they turned out. I think they could even be framed rather than added to the recycle bin.


Patchwork greeting card


Patchwork greeting card


I also FINALLY finished my Linus Project blanket! Even though I was anxious to finish, especially because I would not allow myself to start another project until it was done, I am glad I did it and hope the young recipient likes it.  Now I just have to clean the house so I can invite the woman who will give it away over to pick it up. She wanted to see my work space.


Rambling Rows Linus Project Blanket

Rambling Rows pattern out of Red Heart yarn. I was surprised, Red Heart has really improved over the years and is an inexpensive alternative when budget is an issue.

Rambling Rows Linus Project Blanket


Unfortunately, the colors in these photos are not true. The purple is really pretty with the other colors--not this dark.

Rambling Rows Linus Project Blanket

Baci e abbracci