Sunday, November 25, 2012

The long weekend is about to end, but as sad as I am about that, I still have one more full day. What a great holiday! It started on Wednesday night when work dismissed at 3:00 p.m. So we got home to an early start. TOMA started our Thanksgiving meal and went to the gym. This allowed me to bake a cake for him. As Gomer Pyle used to say: "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" He came home from the gym astonished at first whiff of the cinnamon goodness of the apple cake (his fave from my repertoire). This put the long weekend off to a great start.

Thanksgiving Day was full of nothing. A long nap and dinner, just the two of us. TOMA made a wonderful pork dish from American's Test Kitchen and it was fabulous. He made a side dish of baby collard greens, potatoes, carrots, and onions. The pork had a peach sauce with peach slices which subbed for the cranberry sauce. It was perfect.

Friday we helped a friend who needed the cupboard stocked. It was a little tough on us, but we are very lucky to have jobs, and an abundance of food. We have taken a few hits lately in the checkbook, but have the ability to rebound.

Yesterday was the best day. I sewed most of the day, with the exception of a trip to the Home Depot. I finally purchased a Craftsy class (because they were 50% off this weekend) and even though I have not watched the complete course, I learned how to make a pressing board. Easy-peasy--two by two feet. I am very excited.

Today, a trip to Jersey as TOMA made a Craig's List purchase of a miter-box and I am going with him to meet the person at a WaWa to pick it up, sewing, baking (which I will tell you more about in a later post), and knitting. I am hoping to work on a drawing that I am very, very, very past deadline on... :-( (Fear is a great proponent of procrastination.)

More later... Baci e abbracci