Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Not really creating anything. I am knitting a scarf to keep my hands and mind occupied, baking and reading "Quentins" by Maeve Binchy. I finished listening to "Scarlet Feather," before we left Philadelphia and started and finished "Minding Frankie," in Italy. I do like her books, especially the audio books that are read with an Irish brogue.

While on vacation I also read "The Namesake," by Jhumpa Lahiri. I enjoyed learning about Indian culture, but I was not that enthralled with the story. I also read "Interpreter of Maladies," by the same author, which won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1999. Again, it was okay.

I am sitting with Blue again, my trooper. He is his old personality, fidgety, purring and sweet, but weak and nothing but fur and bones. He eats and eats but does not gain any weight. I think he may not be as yellow, but as it is night with artificial light I cannot be sure.

Some more pictures from Italy...


A new friend this year. She and her litter are also being fed by the neighbor that will feed Orsetto in our absence.


In front of a neighbor's house. The owner caught me taking this photo and wanted to know what I was up to. Once I told her my husband's name she smiled and was friendly. Everyone knows everyone in this village.


Almond shells dumped in a pile by the side of the road.


The view behind the castle during my morning walks.


One of the declines behind the castle.


Another view from behind the castle.

Baci e abbracci