Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sitting in a Bar

I am sitting in a bar at 11:00 p.m. with a weird keyboard trying to update this blog. The iPad is too frustrating unless I use the keyboard, which I do not feel like carrying in my backpack with the iPad, knitting, and art supplies. I had to ask the young boys to show me the ampersand because I could not find it. Yes, Italians use the same alphabet, but they design their keyboards differently. And they probably think it is better.

I took a sleeping pill and got to stretch out across 3 seats and slept for almost the whole flight. Thank you, John for the suggestion. I was also very lucky to have the 2 seats next to us empty. Boy, what a difference, even TOMA noticed my mood was much improved.

Anyway, we had a nice time in Rome walking around the area where the Spanish steps are. I had a great pizza and TOMA had a pasta dish. The gelato was disappointing. The last time in Rome we had it in this great place, but I could not find it. Poggi 1825 is a suitable art supply store. Not Blick, but something I could manage with when we retire--if they are still around. (Actually, if we are both still around.) Everything is so expensive and when you add an additional 20% it is crazy.

The bus ride to Attessa was very long this year, probably because it is the first time I was awake for most of it. The assistant bus driver actually makes individual cups of espresso gratis for each passenger. This is something that always amazes me and I love! Then they pass out mints. The Italians do somethings just right!

Here we are in Roccascalegna.  Today was wasted because we received a call in the middle of the night that woke us from a former neighbor in Philly not realizing we are in Italy and we could not get back to sleep until after 4:00 a.m. so I slept until 11:30 a.m. But I am unpacked and maybe back on schedule.

I am almost done the first sock that I brought with me.

OH! I almost forgot the very best news. Orsetto, the cat from last year is alive and well. TOMA has already cooked for him and fed him multiple times today, even in the house. No carpets, so I am not too worried about the fleas. He sits on my lap and is so affectionate. We were both thrilled to see him. I will post photos from home. I just do not know how to do it from here.

Anyway, buona note.

Baci e abbracci