Sunday, May 20, 2012

Charity Sewing

Today my friend M. and I spent the afternoon participating in a charity sewing event. I made quillows for Kyle's Quillows at Steve's Sew and Vac in King of Prussia, PA. I thought it would be more of a sewing class where you make a quillow from start to finish and then donate it to the charity. Instead it was more of a production line method. We got quite a few quillows made which will be distributed to sick children. They are cute, soft blankets with a pocket at the bottom that the children can put their feet into for even more warmth. The blanket then folds into itself and the stuffed pocket makes a pillow. It was a good day as always with my friend M.

You can find the directions on the website above as well as where to drop off finish quillows, if you would like to make one. Here are some pics from the day:


Giant vacuum cleaner






Finished quillows




And this one, just because...


Baci e abbracci