Sunday, March 4, 2012

Waste Not...

Today TOMA and I went to the flea market.




















 The consumerism is this country is incredible and incredibly wasteful. These are some of the things that were thrown away but may have a second chance and be salvaged from the landfill for a while. I have to say that I am pretty good at buying unnecessary things myself--my studio is proof of that--an art supply that I thought would be the tool that would make my work better or be fun to work with, the yarn that was just too beautiful to pass up even though I did not have a project in mind for it--yet, and the yarn and fabric I purchased for the project that just did not work out in the end. I think art and fiber supplies are definitely my weakness, but whenever I pick up a new interest, I must have so many tools to be "successful" at it. Our ancestors did not have all of these gadgets and they seemed to be able to sew, knit, bake, and draw beautiful things. I think life was much simpler and better before all of these electronic devices became so popular. They just feed the desire to have more stuff. I think the world is moving way too fast.

Baci e abbracci