Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Morning

I thought I would share some projects that I have been working on during the last 30 days or so. I was inspired by the work of Beryl Taylor, whose Interweave Press DVD I downloaded, about reverse applique. I used fabric blocks that I had purchased already cut. I had already pilfered the best pieces for another project, so I was at first disappointed  with the colors, but having not looked at it for a few weeks, it is not so bad.



When we were in Italy I purchased a sketchbook to use with pen only. It was easy to carry without all of the coloring tools. While at a picnic I drew this chair. It was drawn correctly--sitting on a backward tilt in the pebbled ground.



 This was one of the chairs at the cafe. I believe I drew it at night with my little book light attached to the sketchbook. I think I would have gone crazy if I did not have something to busy my hands and mind while sitting at the cafe.


A drawing after lunch at zia Rosina's home. Since I do not speak Italian and it is customary to sit around the table for hours talking after a meal, I usually take this time to draw something.


This year we finally broke down and purchased a fan towards the end of the trip. We carried it from room to room depending where we were hanging out in the house.


After having to pack up all of my art supplies to carry back home, I made this vow...


Doodling...


Fast forward to the last few weeks. Another work in progress. The picture of Black from my Facebook page turned into a small art quilt. Inspired by Jane LaFazio's DVD by the same name.




And currently I am trying to do a little amigurumi.  I have had this book for a while and never could really figure it out as crocheting is not my number one craft. There is a young woman at work who is very proficient with these cute little toys and gave me one recently as a gift. I thought, why not give it another try. Well after literally 8 attempts I finally decided to read the instructions correctly and it worked. I have a little cat's head. I will show you the completed toy when it is finished. In the meantime here is the book the pattern is from.

 
Today my friend and I are off to a fabric store where I have a 20% coupon for my birthday. They carry Malka Dubrawsky's fabric line.

Baci e abbracci