Sunday, January 8, 2012

Beautiful Shawl

Hop over to Red Pepper Quilts to see a beautiful shawl. I purchase the pattern and will be using some Koigu yarn from my stash.

Working on two projects this weekend (Yeah! I am producing), a painted art quilt and a reverse applique art quilt. The painted quilt is at a stage that is fine, but plain and the reverse applique is at an unhappy stage so it needs more work for me to begin to like it.

The picture I posted yesterday was a condolence card that I made yesterday morning for my friend. And yesterday I went to B&N with TOMA as the friend I planned to go with was the person I made the card for. Tried to do another version of the card in my sketchbook, but was not pleased. I finished an old drawing in my sketchbook this morning.

I am in a good place creatively, but sadly I know that it will not last. I am also feeling a bit weird about turning 50. My friend lost her mom and it got me thinking about my mom, who is in good health, but who knows, right? I saw something on PBS this morning about Paul Simon who is 70 years old--when did that happen? TOMA commented that Simon is only 14 years older than him.

More than 1/2 my life is over and what do I have to show for it? TOMA and I have a good life--gosh I can buy Schmincke watercolors--so although we are far from well-off we are not strapped. Our health seems good, but who knows what is around the corner. I've started taking Motrin almost everyday for some pain that will not go away on its own. I cannot pull the right word when speaking--it just will not come to me. I am slow and awkward--all of the sudden I am old.

I am sure this will pass--looking forward to it.

Baci e abbracci