Monday, September 5, 2011

Italy Continued

I have not had the chance to scan any artwork--been busy getting food in the house and I went to the gym for the first time since October. In October I stopped going to the gym, but started walking--lost 10 pounds and had the surgery on my feet and gained almost 20 pounds since. I am really unhappy with my weight and vacation is O-V-E-R! I actually lost a couple of pounds on vacation as I was eating very healthfully the first 2 weeks. The last few days while traveling towards home, not so good, so I expect to gain until I start to loose with the new regimen.

Right before we left for Italy, I photographed  the 2 gifts I gave my mother. The first is a picture of her parents that has been quilted and framed. And the second is the quilt--photo taken outside at night.



One of the first drawings I did in Italy was of this dilapidated building called "Lu Casoine de Mastrofiore." I photographed the drawing while on vacation.



The rooster was one of many in the coup at a picnic lunch we were invited to attend to celebrate a friend's daughter's birthday. As usual the food was abundant and delicious. I had a little bit of homemade red wine. It was so strong that someone poured Coke into it so I could drink it. I usually mix gazosa with red wine when in Italy, but they had none at the table. The Coke was surprisingly good. It made me so drowsy after lunch, I actually fell asleep on a chair.


To be continued...

Baci e abbracci