Friday, June 24, 2011

Inspired and Off From Work

I took today off to sew and draw. What have I done so far? It is 11:51 a.m., I woke up at 10:15 and talked to a friend on the phone while drinking my coffee, ate breakfast and am surfing the net--this is not good! I feel like going back to sleep--another bad sign. I have so many chores to do and a class on string quilting on Sunday so I must fight the desire to go back to bed.

One of the blogs I just looked at is Kathy Johnson's (see my side bar for a quick connection). I pre-ordered her book, Artist's Journal Workshop and it arrived on Tuesday (and again on Wednesday, which was immediately returned to Amazon). I have been reading it on the train to work and yesterday read about the Derwent Blue Gray watercolor pencil. So what did I do? I went out at lunchtime and bought it. (I am lucky to have Utrecht and Blick in walking distance to my office.) Today on Kathy's blog she has a video of her drawing with the pencil and a waterbrush. Great video! I hope to try it myself today. The book is good so far. I rarely finish the books I buy, but I think I will finish this one and write a review. It would be a good exercise for me.

Baci e abbracci