Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drawing Slump = Prolific Baking

It is official I am in a creative slump. Of course this means I am prolific in something else. This time it is baking. Yesterday I visited a friend who is going through some personal challenges. I wanted to bake the sandwich bread, but did not have the time for the two rises. I baked the Easy Cinnamon Bread from King Arthur Flour for her and I assume it came out as good as the first time I made it. For TOMA and I, a Cinnamon-Streusel Coffeecake is this week's treat--and a treat it is. Really yumerific, especially with the Vietnamese Cinnamon. This recipe made a lot of dirty dishes, but it was worth it.

King Arthur Flour is the only on-line baking site whose recipes I trust. I know they test every recipe to make sure that it will work and they do--every time. I have their King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion and their King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion and have made many recipes from both books, with only one problem--and I cannot be sure if it was me or the recipe. They are employee owned and very pleasant.

I subscribed to the Baking Sheet in February and recently received an email advertising a free The Baking Sheet: 2010 CD with the purchase of a one year subscription. I emailed them and they sent me the CD, which has many fabulous recipes on it. If you like to bake, King Arthur is your "go to" place. I am going to purchase the The Baking Sheet: 2000-2009 CD with my next order. Also, with every purchase, I receive a coupon for 10% off my next order.

Baci e abbracci