Sunday, May 29, 2011

Island Beach State Park

TOMA and I decided to go to the beach for the day on Saturday. We go to Beach Island State Park, NJ. It is a refuge for birds, foxes and other animals. It is really nice and quiet. The only thing I don't like is that they allow vehicles on the beach and fisherman who leave line with hooks behind that hurt the birds and I would imagine anybody who steps on the hooks.

It was a little cold and of course I did not bring any long sleeves so I spent most of the day wrapped up in towels. It was still a really nice day. I did a little drawing of the shells that I will post next time--I just finished it today.









I also scanned the final drawings in the old sketchbook and the new drawings in the new sketchbook.














I am not happy with all of them, but I posted them anyway. The last two are in the new book. Since I used Copic markers on the first one and only that part bled to the back of the page, I decided to try to make something of it so I painted a similar design. I kind of like it.

Baci e abbracci