Sunday, April 17, 2011

iPhoto Book

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have been creating. I purchased a couple of DVDs by Jane LaFazio. Having watched the first, her new Interweave Press  From Art Journaling to Art: Drawing, Watercolor, and More Techniques for the Mixed Media Artist with Jane LaFazio, I decided to finally purchase The Small Art Quilt. It has been in my Amazon cart for some time.

I have not completely watched The Small Art Quilt yet but it looks good. I do have a criticism of the Interweave DVD. I realize that the DVD is created with the beginner in mind, but I think that the air time spent showing another person (Pokey Bolton) the techniques on the video could be spent showing additional techniques. The consumer would get a little bit more for the money.

Also, Mother's Day is coming and a while ago I decided to make a book of some of my work for my mom. She confirmed that this was a good idea by asking me if she could show my sketchbook to her friends. Since I am a little attached to the book, even if it was filled, I couldn't allow it out of my possession for any amount of time. It is so nice that my mom is so proud of my work that she would like to show it in lieu of pictures of grandchildren (neither my brother or I gave any to our mom), and she says her friends ask to see my stuff.

I used the Mac iPhoto program and ordered it last night. I am a little excited to see it myself. I did a lot of scanning and cropping--until 2:00 am last night--to finish it. Here are some pictures of the new and old stuff I haven't posted.












Baci e abbracci