Saturday, February 19, 2011

Some New Work

Just a couple of things I've been working on.


Mr. Blue resting after a long night flight.

Drawing before adding color. Mostly drawn from memory, but hind paws changed after observation below.

Freesia actually gave me enough time to sketch the way her hind paws are positioned while sitting upright. She also allowed me to do a quick study of her face.

This was the one that needed to be salvaged. I collaged over the background twice with copies of old paintings. Still not happy with it. I just don't know what to do with it at this point.

So at least I am working. I am drawing mostly from imagination and I just acquired a bunch of photo calendars of birds, butterflies and Italy, so I have some inspiration and a drawing to color over the next couple of days.

Baci e abbracci