Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Black and Blue

It has been a while since I have written, but I have been drawing and painting. I have been inspired by my new books that finally arrived, especially the Pam Carriker book. I decided to add some wings to my cats--more like wings to fly rather than the wings of an angel. My cats are not angels, but I think at least one of them would love to fly away. My poor little Black.

Black would be so happy if she was the one and only cat in the house. The other two fight with her constantly, so out of frustration and depression Black eats too much. She is having a little problem jumping as high as she used to so she started a diet today. I feel her pain. Food is often consolation for frustration and boredom and I feel bad denying her, but I want her to be healthy and live a long life. All three of our cats are very affectionate and vie for TOMA's and my attention. The girls share the living room and Black and Blue share the bedroom. Black is our creative child as she will follow TOMA or I into our respective studios. Anyway on the way home from work we stopped and picked up some Blue Buffalo dry and wet food. It is supposed to be healthier so I am surprised that they all like it.

I was quite disappointed last night. I messed up the background on a drawing and will try to salvage it tonight. I am kind of happy with this other one though.

Mr. Blue after his adventure in the clouds.  When he flew past the moon he thought, "I must be named after the beautiful blue moon. Mommy must think I am beautiful too."

Baci e abbracci