Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Two

Hello! Even though I did not create anything new yesterday, I spent the day with my friend. We had lunch, cannoli and conversation about quilts and knitting. I'm okay with that. I don't get to spend much time with the few friends I have so taking advantage of this time at home to meet with her was great.

I did meditate for the very first time. It was difficult to keep my mind free, but I once read that one should not get frustrated. Instead, when you notice that you have drifted into thinking about something, just call yourself back to concentrating on the chant. So I did.

Today, so far, I have photographed pages from my sketchbooks and uploaded them onto my Flicker page (which you may access from my sidebar). I am a member of the "Sketchbook Challenge" group and I joined the "Urban Sketchers" group. I know, crazy-most of the artists that make it onto the actual blog are fabulous, but I am feeling like "nothing ventured, nothing gained." So why not give it a try?

Some of the photos in Flicker are not the best. I need to work on taking better pictures. I also need to edit a few in Photoshop, but don't really know how to use the program and have forgotten what I did learn about it. I need to edit out TOMA's real name. He is a private kind of guy and it is not fair to drag him into this new public project of mine.

Better go meditate and create!