Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting There

I stayed home from work today due to the icy conditions. I worked on email for about 3 1/2 hours, slept a little, made chili and cornbread for dinner and finished a drawing that I began last night.

I decided to start using my Hand Book sketchbook again. I don't like it because the first pages have bad drawings from when I first started drawing last year.

I still haven't chosen the "perfect" sketch book. If the paper is okay, the size isn't and vice versa. My favorite is the Daler-Rowney Cachet. The paper holds up pretty well to watercolor, and the paper is smooth, but it is 8" x 8" and a little heavy to carry everyday. The Hand Book journal is nice, but the paper is a little toothy. I love hot press 140 lb. paper, but would have to bind my own books and I don't really want to get into that yet. It is also very expensive and therefore, precious (I'm cringing at saying that--I've read everything that says not to make any art supply precious, but I do it anyway; and have a closet of precious yarn and a shelf of precious fabric too).

Anyway, here is the drawing

Eastern Cardinal

Close up
I'm still rusty, but happy I am at least drawing.

Also, I received my zine from Andrea Joseph. It is great! Check out her blog (it is on my sidebar) her work is incredible. If only...

And, I couldn't help myself... Isn't he just beautiful?




All of the sudden he moved his territory to the living room. It has been the bedroom for the last few years. Crazy.

Baci e abbracci