Saturday, January 8, 2011

Creative Slump

I've just started a creative challenge with myself and I am in a creative slump! Not good. I haven't done anything in days--draw, knit, or sew. Tonight TOMA and I will do our usual Saturday night outing--Whole Foods and Barnes and Noble. I usually hang out in the cafe and draw while he looks at books. I also look at books, but try to use the time to draw people--my biggest weakness.

This time I am not going to put too much pressure on myself about not creating because that is my usual way. I think I should be prolific if I am serious about this stuff, and I stress and get upset when I am not creating. This leads to brooding and testy behavior. I especially get upset when I don't do these things when I have time away from work. In reality there are other things to do when I am home from work like chores and sleep. I have always required a lot of sleep. Now, home on medical leave, it is very difficult to get around. I cannot cut, press or sew because I stand to do the first two actions and use my right foot for the sewing machine pedal. Neither feet are in any condition for being used to control a foot pedal. TOMA and I went for haircuts and the supermarket and I was so exhausted and in pain that I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon.


A little cat nap...

I did read my book, "life is a verb..." by Patti Digh while getting my hair done. The pages that I read were inspiring so I've done something uplifting/positive today.